We are currently looking for experienced Chef de Partie with experience in pastry to join our team at the newly renovated SCHLOSS Roxburghe Hotel & Golf Course.
The kitchen team is led by our Head Chef who is committed to sourcing all of their produce locally and from the finest suppliers, in order to create an excellent a la carte menu.
We are seeking an energetic and experienced Chef De Partie who has the ability to display great leadership skills, deliver excellent customer service, have a positive ‘can do’ attitude, be willing to learn and show that they care. We require a Chef De Partie who has previous experience within a similar role.
Where Will You Be Working.
SCHLOSS Roxburghe is an exceptional country house estate with a Championship Golf Course and a range of outdoor activities, nestled in the beautiful Scottish Borders but little more than an hour's drive from both Edinburgh and Newcastle. The elegant property includes 20 bedrooms and suites, many of which are located within the historic house. Cuisine is top quality and varied, with an emphasis on fresh, home-grown produce. There are numerous cosy bars with roaring log fires for leisurely drinks, and the Spa, set to open in the near future, promises to be a first-class wellbeing destination.
Formerly owned by the Duke of Roxburghe, the hotel, golf club and grounds has been acquired by the 12.18. Group. Our aim is to enhance this charming country house with an extensive refurbishment, building a separate extension to feature 58 additional rooms as well as a luxurious spa and a state-of-the-art meeting space. In addition, 60 lodges will be built on the surrounding estate that will allow the new SCHLOSS Roxburghe to extend its room inventory further to holiday-makers.
The Düsseldorf-based project developer 12.18. Investment Management is investing around 35 million euros in the revitalisation and expansion of the property, which will be operated by the subsidiary 12.18. Hotel Management. Together with Babcock Pensionskasse VVaG one becomes the new owner of the Scottish Roxburghe Hotel & Golf Course in the region "Scottish Borders", not far from the border to England. The managing partners Jörg Lindner and Kai Richter signed the purchase contract with the former owner, the Duke of Roxburghe.
What Are We Looking For.
Immaculate personal presentation and excellent interpersonal skills
• Experience in a comparable position in a hotel desirable
• Experience in quality restaurant & banqueting operations
• Meticulous eye for detail and exceptional planning and organisation skills
• Self-directed and proactive
• Work well with other employees, including chefs and dining staff
• Manage time efficiently
• Excellent communication, influencing and interpersonal skills with a confident and outgoing personality and an ability to interact with people at all levels
• Ability to multitask and work in a busy, fast paced and dynamic environment
• Ability to take initiative and a practical approach to problem solving
• Positive and flexible approach to work (weekend, evening and night time work will be required)
• Possess strong knowledge of working in a pastry section with fresh local produce
• Be an enthusiastic and ambitious chef who is passionate about pastry
• Be looking to join an established friendly kitchen team where there is lots of opportunity to progress further due to the developing nature of the business.
• Is familiar with and complies with all HACCP regulations level 2 or more
The Bigger Picture
So, if you have the ambition to continuously improve, deliver results with excellence, show that you care and act with integrity then come and join us, this is just the job for you!
Thank you for your inquiry. You will receive our answer as soon as possible.
information about your activity on our websites. This helps customize content
and show you more relevant ads. Click on the different options below to
manage your cookie preferences.
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), a “sale” of personal
information may occur when personal information is transferred to a third
party for any form consideration. The use of certain cookies may be viewed as
residents can request to opt-out of the sale of their personal information to a
third party by visiting our Do Not Sell My Personal Information page. To
exercise your “Do Not Sell My Personal Information” right with respect to
cookies, you can adjust your Targeted Advertising Cookies and other cookie
Choices you make regarding cookies are website, device, and browser specific,
and are deleted whenever you clear your browser’s cache. This means you
need to adjust your cookie preferences on each website, device, and browser
By selecting “Accept All Cookies”, you agree to the storing of cookies on your device, which allows us to debut new features to you,
provide relevant marketing, and analyze site usage in order to identify ways to make the site easier to use. Expand